The AARP Tax-Aide Program will be assisting low– and moderate-income taxpayers prepare and file their 2015 tax returns with the Federal Internal Revenue Service and the California Franchise Tax Board. This assistance is available for area residents with special attention to those 60 and older, beginning Friday, February 5, and continuing each Friday thereafter through April 15.
Trained and certified volunteers will prepare your returns at the La Habra Community Center, 101 W. La Habra. Blvd. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. each Friday. No appointments; you will be assisted on a “First Come, First Served” basis.
Be prepared to spend 1 to 2 hours. Please bring the following information that applies to you to avoid having to return a second time.
- Social Security cards/official ID documentation for you and dependents.
- A copy of 2014 tax returns.
- W-2 Forms from each employer.
- Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, if you enrolled for Premium Tax Credit.
- Unemployment Compensation statements.
- SSA-1099 form for Social Security benefits received.
- 1099-R forms for pensions/annuities received.
- All 1099 forms showing interest, dividends, capital gains, other income.
- All forms showing federal and state income taxes you paid for 2015.
- Dependent care provider information.
- All receipts/canceled checks if itemizing deductions.
Questions? Call (562) 383-4200.